Celebrity Cruises is teaming up with world-renowned explorer and UN Patron of the Wilderness Ben Fogle to unveil new shore excursions that will enable guests to explore destinations in Alaska, Europe and the Caribbean from a new, thrill-seeking angle like no cruiser has ever before. Ben Fogle’s Great Adventures Program will immerse Celebrity’s guests in destination culture, history, wildlife and adventure at various ports of call, as these 11 total excursions were handpicked by Fogle, the brand’s newly appointed Global Destinations Ambassador.
Highlights of the new excursions, which are now open for booking, include:
– Off-roading and hiking to a dormant volcano (Basseterre, St Kitts & Nevis)
– Open ocean yacht racing (St. Johns, Antigua)
– Paddling remote backwaters in search of wildlife (Icy Straight Point, Alaska)
– Exploring medieval history amidst the misty, vast Firth of Forth (Edinburgh, Scotland)
– Cliff jumping, rafting and chasing waterfalls (Reykjavik, Iceland)
Fogle himself is one of the world’s most acclaimed adventurers, and his travels (which include crossing Antarctica on foot, running across the Sahara and crossing the Empty Quarter on camel) have been well documented in broadcast specials across the world. He will add scaling Mount Everest in May 2018 to this list, as he and Olympic cyclist Victoria Pendleton will attempt to scale its slopes over a four-week period.
For a full list of excursions, please visit: www.celebritycruises.com/pcp-excursions/search-results?interests=benfogle