Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic is offering solo travelers exclusive savings on seven exceptional itineraries. For a limited period, solo premiums will be waived on select expeditions to Galápagos, Baja California, Costa Rica & Panama, Belize, South Pacific, and the Pacific Northwest.
Whether you’re experienced at solo travel or trying it for the first time, Lindblad’s welcoming on-board community makes traveling on your own a comfortable and rewarding experience. With plenty of group activities, open seating dining and an expedition staff as companionable as they are knowledgeable, guests often compare traveling aboard one of Lindblad’s small ships to sailing aboard a private yacht with a group of like-minded travelers.
Following are the six itineraries that will waive solo premiums:
- Columbia & Snake Rivers Journey: 7-day expedition aboard the new National Geographic Quest discovering sky-high canyons, massive waterfalls, and ancient petroglyphs that so astounded Lewis and Clark along the Columbia and Snake Rivers. Enjoy the region’s bounty, in every sense of the word—from abundant fresh food and captivating history to endless natural beauty. Available on Apr. 25 & May 1, 2019 departures. Rates begin at $4,940 per person. Plus receive a $500 air credit, valid for new bookings only, subject to availability.
- Galápagos: Experience up-close encounters with endemic wildlife on this 10-day immersive expedition. Actively explore the varied islands, habitats, and wildlife both on land and under the sea, including options for walks, hikes, kayaking, paddle boarding, and snorkeling. Available departures: National Geographic Endeavour II: Feb. 1 & Mar. 1, 2019; National Geographic Islander: Feb. 9 & 16, 2019. Rates begin at $8,450.
- Base Camp Baja: Lindblad has teamed up with Exhale Spa for a 5-day wildness and wellness getaway aboard National Geographic Venture. Actively explore unsullied landscapes in uninhabited wilds of Espíritu Santo and Isla Partida in the Sea of Cortez, revel in pure nature, and enjoy Exhale’s award-winning wellbeing programs. Challenge body and mind with fitness classes and mindfulness hikes, or simply chill in the shimmering Sea of Cortez. Available on Dec. 22 & 30, 2018; Jan. 3 & 7, 2019 departures. Rates begin at $2,650.
- Baja California & the Sea of Cortez: Among the Great Whales: See California gray whales up close on this 10-Day voyage aboard National Geographic Venture. Explore the entrance of Bahía Magdalena, as well as Laguna San Ignacio, the whales’ main breeding grounds. Snorkel with sea lions, search for marine mammals and experience the Baja California undersea. Hike desert islands, sculpted sand dunes, and see a variety of wildlife in the Sea of Cortez. Available on the Jan. 12, 2019 departure. Rates begin at $6,590; plus receive a $350 air credit, valid for new bookings only, subject to availability.
- A Voyage to Belize: Wildlife, Reefs, and Rivers: Travel to the Belize Barrier Reef, one of the most diverse ecosystems in the world, on this 6-day voyage aboard National Geographic Quest. Experience the vibrant sea, home to the largest coral reef in the northern hemisphere, just recently taken off UNESCO’s endangered list. Available on the March 5, 2019 departure. Rates begin at $3,850. Plus receive free air, a $350 air credit, or business class upgrade, valid for new bookings only, subject to availability.
- Costa Rica and Panama Canal: 8-days aboard National Geographic Quest exploring Costa Rica and the Panama Canal, a singular experience of diverse nature and jungle wildlife coupled with an in-depth crossing of the Panama Canal. Venture into remote wilderness: hike among monkeys, sloths, and tropical birds, and explore far from any inhabited places. Available on Dec. 15, 2018 & Jan. 5, 2019 departures; plus receive free roundtrip air or a 2-night extension, valid for new bookings only, subject to availability.
- Tahiti to the Marquesas + Crossing to Hawai’i extension: Set aboard National Geographic Orion, follow in the path of early Polynesian navigators on this epic 9-day voyage that takes you to some of the most remote and compelling sites in the far reaches of French Polynesia. Then choose to continue onboard on a relaxing 7-day sea voyage, across the equator where you will join us for two days exploring the Big Island of Hawaii and the incredible history and nature that embody this paradise. Available on May 22, 2019 & May 18, 2020 departures. Rates begin at $9,530.
For reservations or additional information on Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic voyages to some of the most beautiful and fascinating places on Earth, visit www.expeditions.com, call 1-800-EXPEDITION (1-800-397-3348).
Photograph by Jonathan Irish, National Geographic. A woman snaps a photograph while hiking in the Beara Peninsula, Ireland.