Every year, the world welcomes a variety of new ocean and river-faring cruise ships, and 2019 is no exception. In total, the cruise industry will launch 37 new ships this year. (There are currently 100+ ships scheduled to debut from 2019 to 2027. To see a listing of all the ships that you can expect to see in the near future, please click here.
CruiseCompete has compiled a listing of all cruise ships set to launch this year:
Contemporary Cruise Lines
- Aida Cruises will debut the AIDAmira in December 2019.
- Carnival Cruise Line will debut the Carnival Panorama ship in December 2019. It will carry 3,974 passengers
- Costa Cruises will debut the Costa Venzia in March 2019. It will carry 4,200 passengers. This ship will be part of the Costa Asia brand.
- Costa Cruises will debut the Costa Smeralda in October 2019. It will carry 6,660 passengers.
Upscale Contemporary Cruise Lines
- MSC Cruises will debut the Bellissima in March 2019. It will carry 4,500 guests.
- MSC Cruises will debut the MSC Grandiosa in November 2019. It will carry 4,800 guests.
- Norwegian Cruise Line will debut the Norwegian Encore in November 2019. It will carry 4,200 passengers
- Royal Caribbean International will debut a new Quantum Class ship, Spectrum of the Seas, in May 2019. It will carry 4,180 passengers.
Premium Cruise Lines
- Celebrity Cruises will debut the all-suite Celebrity Flora in May 2019. It will carry 100 passengers and be year-round in the Galapagos.
- Princess Cruises will debut Sky Princess in October 2019. It will carry 3,660 passengers
- Tui Cruises will debut the Mein Schiff 2 in Spring 2019. It will carry 2,500 passengers
Ultra-Premium Cruise Lines
- Viking Ocean Cruises will debut Viking Jupiter in February 2019. It will carry 930 passengers.
Ultra-Luxury Cruise Lines
- Hapag-Lloyd will launch Hanseatic Inspiration in October 2019. It will carry 230 passengers. This will be an international ship.
- Hapag-Lloyd will launch the Hanseatic Nature in April 2019. It will carry 230 passengers. This ship will be designed for German speakers.
- Ponant will launch Le Bougainville in August 2019. It will have 92 staterooms.
- Ponant will launch Le Dumont D’urville in 2019. It will have 92 staterooms.
River Cruise Lines
- AmaWaterways will debut the AmaMagna in May 2019. It will carry 196 passengers.
- AmaWaterways will debut the AmaMora in 2019
- AmaWaterways will debut the AmaDouro in 2019. It will carry 102 passengers.
- American Cruise Lines will debut the American Harmony in 2019
- American Queen Steamboat Company will debut the American Countess in 2019. It will carry 248 passengers.
- Avalon Waterways will debut the Avalon Envision in 2019. It will carry 166 passengers.
- CroisiEurope will debut the Amalia Rodrigues in 2019. It will carry 132 passengers.
- Emerald Waterways will debut the Adriatic Princess II in 2019. It will carry 36 passengers
- Emerald Waterways will debut the Emerald Harmony in 2019. It will carry 84 passengers.
- Viking River Cruises will debut the Viking Helgrim in 2019. It will carry 106 passengers.
- Viking River Cruises will debut the Viking Sigyn; Viking Tir; Viking Ullur; and the Viking Vali in 2019. Each ship will carry 190 passengers.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection will debut the SS Bon Voyage in 2019.
Sailing Vessel/Yacht Cruise Lines
- Emerald Waterways has ordered is first Yacht. The MV Adriatic Princess II will debut in 2019. It will carry 36 passengers.
Expedition Cruise Lines
- Ecoventura will debut the MV Theory March 2019. This ship will carry 20 passengers
- Hurtigruten will debut MS Roald Amundsen in July 2019. This ship will carry 530 passengers.
- Oceanwide Expeditions will debut a new polar vessel the Hondius in 2019. It will carry 180 passengers.
Small Ship Cruise Lines
- Marella Cruises will launch the former Celebrity Century as the Marella Explorer 2 in April 2019
- Saga Cruises will introduce a new ship, Spirit of Discovery, in summer 2019. It will carry fewer than 1000 passengers.
Photo credit: Ponant Le Bougainville (launching August 2019)