Although many travelers have already been to Spain and Portugal, they can now experience these classic destinations in a completely new way: by small ship. Variety Cruises, an award-winning small ship boutique cruise line, provides passengers the chance to sail along the magnificent coastlines of these coastal European countries. If booked by January 31st, 2020, guests can save 20% on select 2020 departures.
Travel back in time to some of the most historic cities in this southwestern corner of Europe. Spain, renowned for its picturesque Mediterranean beaches, breathtakingly beautiful architecture, and laid-back attitude, and Portugal, a historically maritime country with charming cities, remarkable medieval castles, and unforgettable sunsets. The itinerary includes visits to the town of Ronda, birthplace of modern bullfighting, the capital city of Seville, origin of flamenco dancing, and the massive Rock of Gibraltar, known to be one of the Pillars of Hercules.
As part of the unique small ship experience, Variety Cruises’ custom itineraries are crafted with the individual traveler in mind. Guests on the 50 passenger Harmony V enjoy the intimacy of only a small group of fellow like minded passengers, while being looked after by an attentive crew (a 2:1 passenger to crew ratio) catering to their individual needs. The cruise experience is enhanced by an on-board chef-preparing cuisine using local Spanish and Portuguese ingredients.
- Granada, Spain: One of the most fascinating cities in Europe. Visit amazing architectural structures such as the Alhambra, the Cathedral, and a series of palaces and gardens built in the 14th Century.
- Porto Banus, Spain: Optional excursion to Ronda, a historic old town and birthplace of modern bullfighting. Visit Plaza de Toros, and old Ronda, La Ciudad, a classic old town with beautiful churches and views.
- Gibraltar, UK: Go by bus to the peak of “The Rock,” the summit of Gibraltar, for the most breathtaking views. Continue to the St. Michael’s Cave and visit the WWII tunnels.
- Seville, Spain: One of the most beautiful cities in all of Europe, and the heart of Moorish and Spanish art and culture. Visit the Cathedral, the Alcazar Palace and its Andalusian gardens, as well as the Maria Luisa Park.
- Cadiz, Spain: The oldest continuously inhabited city in Spain. Enjoy the beauty, history and authentic cuisine.
- Portimao, Portugal: Take an optional excursion to Silves, a city mostly destroyed by a 17th-century earthquake. Marvel at the 13th-century cathedrals and browse the historic exhibits of the Museu Arqueologico. Travel to the picturesque city of Monchique and enjoy its 16th-century charm and authentic artisan trades.
Sailing Dates: June 25, 2020, – October 9, 2020
Starting from $2,232 USD
Note: 20% Early Bird Discount valid through January 31, 2020
Please call your local travel agent or call Variety Cruises at: 1-800-319-7776; For more information please visit Variety Cruises at: www.varietycruises.com